Columbus radio station New Rock 99.7 The Blitz (WBZX) will be having a benefit show for the victims of the Alrosa Villa tragedy called "Rock To Remember" on Friday, January 7 at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, OH.
The lineup features local bands VOLUME DEALER (who opened for DAMAGEPLAN the night of the shootings), NOISE AUCTION, LIQUID 6TEEN, and GONE UNTIL TOMORROW. There will also possibly be one or two more bands added (including possibly a national act).
The show will serve as a benefit to raise money for the families of Erin Halk and Nathan Bray.
A silent auction will also be held throughout the evening including:
* an autographed guitar from GREEN DAY
* an autographed guitar from MUDVAYNE
* an autographed guitar from KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD
* an autographed guitar from DISTURBED
* a frisbee disc signed by all of the original members of PANTERA
* two framed autographed lithographs from A PERFECT CIRCLE
* a framed autographed lithograph from OZZY OSBOURNE
* an autographed poster from DROWNING POOL
* an autographed poster from SEVENDUST
* autographed CDs from DISTURBED, STAIND, INCUBUS, and more
All proceeds that night will go to the families. There is no overhead taken out. The stage crew are working for free that night, the bands will be playing for free, the bartenders are donating their tips for the night, and Mike Martin of Engine House 13 is donating an official poster to sell as well as to auction one that the bands have signed, and Promowest Productions has put the Newport up for free.